Your Top Permanent Makeup Questions Answered
By now, you have heard of the permanent makeup craze and how amazing the results can be. Rather than having to apply the same makeup every day, you can get permanent makeup for longer-lasting results that give you confidence, save you time getting ready, and look more natural. However, it can be scary to consider a procedure you’ve never done before—especially one to your face that includes the word “permanent.” If you have questions about permanent makeup, we are here to give you answers to the most-asked questions about permanent makeup. Keep reading to get the answers to all the most frequently asked questions about permanent makeup from our expert microblading in Westlake Village clinic!
What is Permanent Makeup?
Microblading is a cosmetic procedure, where a grouping of needles affixed to a handle manually creates strokes that resemble eyebrow hairs. This specialized technique will give you natural-looking, full brows with minimal upkeep. The procedure allows you to correct, or completely recreate, lost brows. This technique deposits pigment into the skin, using a hand tool that creates small paper cut-like scratches. Numbing cream will be applied to ensure your comfort, making the procedure painless.
All pigments are expertly chosen to match your hair and skin color, flawlessly blending into any existing hairs. This color will seem bold 3-4 days after your procedure, fading dramatically as they heal, leaving you with beautiful, natural-looking brows.
Does Permanent Makeup Hurt?
The great news about permanent makeup is that you will receive topical anesthesia on your skin to ensure no pain is felt. The needle is much smaller than that of a tattoo needle, which means it does not penetrate as deep. When done by an expertly trained professional, such as the experts at our microblading in Westlake Village clinic, you can look forward to a more pleasant, relaxing, pain-free experience.
How Long Does Permanent Makeup Take to Heal?
Everyone reacts to permanent makeup healing times differently. However, in general, people experience some redness or swelling the day of the procedure and can take up to two weeks to fully heal. It is important to follow your technician’s aftercare instructions to heal properly and achieve the best results.
Is Permanent Makeup The Same As A Tattoo?
No, permanent makeup is not the same as a tattoo. Tattoo guns go deeper into the skin to ensure the ink stays forever. With microblading and permanent makeup, the needle does not penetrate as deep. While the results with permanent makeup are long-lasting, they do not last forever and require touchups to maintain. The permanent makeup experts at our clinic that performs microblading in Westlake Village can help you maintain your permanent makeup results to ensure your desired results stay as long as possible.
How Do You Prepare for Permanent Makeup?
Much more goes into a microblading appointment than just scheduling it and showing up for it. In order to protect your skin and to make sure that results and retention are the best they can be, there are important steps to take.
We recommend following this list in the days coming before your appointment:
- Do not lay out to tan
- Do not come to the appointment with a sunburned face
- Do not consume alcohol or caffeine two days before the procedure (they thin your blood, which can cause increased bleeding and poor results
- No waxing or tinting your eyebrows three days before the procedure
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Fish Oil, or Ibuprofen 24 hours before the procedure, as they can also thin your blood to cause more bleeding
- No tweezing/ waxing at least 48 hours before the procedure; electrolysis no less than five days before
- Do not resume any method of hair removal for at least two weeks
What Else Should I Know About Permanent Makeup in Westlake Village?
Every permanent makeup clinic is different when it comes to its techniques, expertise, and more. Our microblading in Westlake Village clinic wants to make sure you know the following:
- The prices listed on our website do not include tax. Cash payments are accepted
- A non-refundable deposit is required seven days prior to your appointment
- You can reschedule or cancel your appointment within 72 hours of your appointment time
- Numbing cream will be applied before the application, which greatly desensitizes the area, making the procedure painless. Most clients only feel light pressure or scraping.
- It always takes two procedures to achieve the desired effect. Pigment and shape may change after the first procedure while your eyebrows heal. Your first touch-up is required within four weeks of your first appointment.
- NOTE: YOU MUST BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENTS WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF EACH OTHER. If your touch-up is outside of the 4-week time period, you may be charged an additional charge.***
- After your first two procedures, touch-ups can be booked as needed.
Permanent Makeup With Elmira Studio
Ready to get great brows?
Elmira Halpern is a highly experienced esthetician with thousands of hours of experience, training, and teaching under her belt regarding all things skin and face. With a wide range of services for Westlake Village, CA, and surrounding areas, Elmira is specially trained in Plasma Pen Platinum. With over 650 specialized hours, she even teaches other estheticians the trade. She will guide you expertly throughout the process in her serene Westlake Village, CA studio, ensuring complete comfort and satisfaction.
Service Elmira Studio offers includes:
- Permanent Make-Up
- Dermaplaning (peach fuzz hair removal and deep exfoliation)
- Microneedling (helps to treat various scars, wrinkles, and large pores)
- Microchanneling (great for the surface texture and the overall appearance of the skin)
- PlasmaPen (great for wrinkles, eye lifts, skin tightening, mole removal, and much more)
- Tattoo Removal
To learn more about Elmira and to book an appointment today, visit elmirastudio.com